Join my family as we explore the many quality events, resources and opportunities for children in and around Central, PA and let me help you plan your own family’s adventures!
RSS

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Apologies

My apologies on my absence and for not posting my weekly activities calendar.  These posts stopped in November when our community was shocked by the fall-put of one man's sick actions.  In my disgust I lost a bit of my faith in our community; my faith that community is the bed rock of raising children to be honest and engaged citizens.  I put on my cynic's glasses and turned inward looking to shield my family from the constant talk and onslaught of news vans.  Though I have not been able to make sense of this scandal and have grasped at straws trying to regain my sense of balance I have found solace in my friends. The friends I have made in State College and the ones I have carried with me from else where.  Together we have all hugged our children a bit tighter, appreciated our spouses a bit more and found comfort in each other.   Thank you for being a part of my community and for restoring my faith in our greater community.  Unfortunately I have begun in earnest to write my Doctoral dissertation and will not have the time to regularly post event calendars.  I will continue to post information as I am able and will update about my family's outings.  If you hear of a "must do" in Centre County please let me know! Happy adventures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Child's Play in and Around Central PA by http://childsplaypa.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.