Join my family as we explore the many quality events, resources and opportunities for children in and around Central, PA and let me help you plan your own family’s adventures!
RSS

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DIY Moon Dough

The girls and their DIY Moondough
I got this idea from the blog Flights of Whimsy and thought, "It couldn't really be that easy?" but it is! You can make your own Moon Dough in about 2 minutes for very little money.  Simply mix 8 cups of white flour with 1 cup plus a little bit of baby oil.  Then mix until the consistency feels right.  I used generic aloe scented baby oil so it was a multi-sensory experience for the girls.  I worried that my one year old E would eat it but she put one dob on her tongue, realized it tasted awful and never did it again. My five year old M helped me measure and pour the flour I then divided the mixture into two big bowls and both girls mixed their own.  They then got down to the serious business of play.  E was happy mixing and squishing it with her hands but M ended up creating her own bakery using a deep cookie sheet and several cookie cutters.  We also created indoor snow people as well as sand castles. E was very excited to smash the towers and  crumble the shapes we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Child's Play in and Around Central PA by http://childsplaypa.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.